Living with Wildlife!
April 18, 2015
10:00am - 4:00pm
Howard Community College
Burrill Galleria and Quad (map)
RAIN OR SHINE! (Most of GreenFest is inside.)
Join us for a FREE family event celebrating Earth Month on Saturday, April 18 from 10:00am – 4:00pm at Howard Community College in the Burrill Galleria. Over 80 displays will provide easy steps we can take to promote environmental responsibility. Lunch will be available for purchase.
NOTE: Paper shredding will be offered the WEEK AFTER GREENFEST on April 25th from 9am to 1pm at the Long Gate Park & Ride (exit 1A off of Route 100).
(Click on the workshop schedule above for a printable version)
Grand Prize! Enter to win...
Attend the GreenFest on April 18th and pick-up a raffle ticket for your chance to WIN this compost tumbler and starter set (valued at $150)! Be sure to visit the raffle station on the SECOND FLOOR to enter your ticket.
Collections for various recyclable, non-curbside, items will be provided in Classroom CL 162 and the GreenFest Parking Lot.
Classroom CL 162
Denim, Binoculars, Sneakers, Eye Glasses, and Cell Phones.
Parking Lot A
Electronics, Items for Habitat for Humanity ReStore, Bikes and Bike Parts, Items for Goodwill.
Highlights from the 2014 GreenFest:
- Native Plant Sale all day on the Quad
- 89 pairs of jeans for Denim collection for recycling into insulation
- 4 tons of electronics collected for recycling
- 8 tons of paper shredding
- 105 pairs of eyeglasses for donation
- 20 cell phones for donation and recycling
- Over 40 bikes for Bikes for the World
- Numerous items for Goodwill
- 45 pairs of shoes for Nike Re-Use A Shoe and Goodwill
- Children's nature play space
- Rain barrel workshops including 50 free barrels given away
- Compost and gardening/landscaping workshops and speakers
- Free compost bin giveaway
- Local green businesses and information on sustainable products
- Lots of FREE STUFF!
For a complete list of vendors and activities, see the 2014 GreenFest Brochure.
A GIANT thank you to our 2014 sponsors:
- Allen & Shariff Corporation
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Bath Fitter/Bath Saver, Inc.
- British American Auto Care, Inc.
- Columbia Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Columbia Association
- Conscious Corner - Roots Market, Great Sage, Nest & Bark
- Ecology Services, Inc.
- Efficient Home, LLC
- EV Power Pros
- Full Circle Plant Probiotic
- HoCo Climate Change
- Howard Commuter Solutions
- Howard County Watershed Stewards Academy
- Lauren's Garden Service
- LeafFilter North of Maryland, Inc.
- Medomak Family Camp & Retreat Center
- Naturalawn of America
- NutriGrown, LLC
- Relay Foods
- SuperGreen Solutions
- The Howard County Conservancy
- Transition Howard County
- University of MD Extension, Howard County Master Gardeners
- Waste Management Recycle America
Thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers! We couldn't do it without you.
If you are interested in joining us as a 2016 vendor or speaker, please check back for the 2016 vendor form. For more information, please contact Alan Wilcom at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-313-6433.
Become a fan of Howard County GreenFest on Facebook and follow @LiveGreenHoward on Twitter.
Check out all the fun we've had during past GreenFests: