April 18, 2015
10:00am - 4:00pm
Howard Community College
Burrill Galleria and Quad (click for map)
RAIN OR SHINE! (Most of GreenFest is inside.)
Join us for a free family event celebrating Earth Month on Saturday, April 18 from 10:00am – 4:00pm at Howard Community College in the Burrill Galleria. Vendors and non-profit displays will provide practical information about steps to take both at home and work to promote environmental responsibility.
Be sure to collect your favorite great green giveaways throughout the festival! Lunch will be available for purchase.
Highlights from the 2014 GreenFest:
- Native Plant Sale all day on the Quad
- 89 pairs of jeans for Denim collection for recycling into insulation
- 4 tons of electronics collected for recycling
- 8 tons of paper shredding
- 105 pairs of eyeglasses for donation
- 20 cell phones for donation and recycling
- Over 40 bikes for Bikes for the World
- Numerous items for Goodwill
- 45 pairs of shoes for Nike Re-Use A Shoe and Goodwill
- Children's nature play space
- Rain barrel workshops including 50 free barrels given away
- Compost and gardening/landscaping workshops and speakers
- Free compost bin giveaway
- Local green businesses and information on sustainable products
- Lots of FREE STUFF!
For a complete list of vendors and activities, see the 2014 GreenFest Brochure.
A GIANT thank you to our 2014 sponsors:
- Allen & Shariff Corporation
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Bath Fitter/Bath Saver, Inc.
- British American Auto Care, Inc.
- Columbia Alumnae Chapter Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Columbia Association
- Conscious Corner - Roots Market, Great Sage, Nest & Bark
- Ecology Services, Inc.
- Efficient Home, LLC
- EV Power Pros
- Full Circle Plant Probiotic
- HoCo Climate Change
- Howard Commuter Solutions
- Howard County Watershed Stewards Academy
- Lauren's Garden Service
- LeafFilter North of Maryland, Inc.
- Medomak Family Camp & Retreat Center
- Naturalawn of America
- NutriGrown, LLC
- Relay Foods
- SuperGreen Solutions
- The Howard County Conservancy
- Transition Howard County
- University of MD Extension, Howard County Master Gardeners
- Waste Management Recycle America
Thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers! We couldn't do it without you.
If you are interested in joining us as a vendor, speaker or with a family-friendly activity, please check back soon for the 2015 vendor form. For more information, please contact Alan Wilcom at email@example.com or 410-313-6433.
Become a fan of Howard County GreenFest on Facebook and follow @LiveGreenHoward on Twitter.
Check out all the fun we've had during past GreenFests: